WEEK 2 - DESIGN PROPORTION

  • WEEK 2 DESIGN PROPORTION

"Elegance is balance between proportion , emotion and surprise. "
-Valentino Garavani


In fashion design, proportion refers to the size relationship between each of the internal spaces within a garment and the overall design. It's the way that lines and shapes divide a space, a garment, or an outfit into sections. Designers employ proportion to ensure that the collection is beautifully executed in accordance with the “proportion” of the body figure.

Second Week was fun and refreshing , we learnt about design proportion, Proportion  = ratios . Any fashion can be divided into parts and compared , which creates a ratio.  We also learned about nine head figures during the tutorial, which served as a simple starting point for drawing fashion poses. I experimented with drawing on paper and digitally.




Practice for the 9 head figure


                                                           Slides For My Cut And Paste


MY PROGRESS 


Using Pro create for drawing the sample model and photoshop for the cut and paste project.At the total , I made 10 design (5 proportion and 5 disproportion) 

This collection of pieces is inspired by nature, and my main idea for these designs is "save the earth." With Earth's elements, such as plastic bottles and garbage bags, as well as animals.




From colourful plastic bag to a circus theme costume dress 



5 DISPROPORTION DESIGN
 
5 PROPORTION DESIGN



To sum up, I had a lot of fun doing this cut and paste project. It's a challenging but fun while doing it, and makes me feel like I'm a real fashion designer creating my own designs for the models. Well ,I'm hoping for a better design for the next project.




Comments

Popular Posts